The Institute of Place Management is the new international professional body that is committed to supporting those involved in developing, managing and making places better. As part of its support for members, NABMA funds professional membership of the IPM for all its members. This demonstrates NABMA's commitment to supporting the professional development and recognition of its members.
As a not-for-profit membership organisation the Institute strives to ensure that individuals associated with the place management industry get the opportunity to achieve their full potential by offering a wide range of benefits, products and services. These benefits complement the offers of various industry associations and networks that currently exist providing professional development opportunities applicable to the entire industry.
As part of this offer NABMA members will be able to access a wide range of benefits, including:
- Formal designatory letters e.g. MIPM, and certificates demonstrating your skills within the industry;
- Access to the Journal of Place Management & Development, industry key readings and case studies;
- Monthly Place Bulletins for up-to-date national and international industry news;
- Access to skills assessment tools to highlight areas for personal development;
- An online personal portfolio to log your achievements and experiences;
- Access to formal qualifications including the new Introductory Diploma in Market Management, The International Certificate in Place Management and the MSc in Place Management;
- Exclusive access to CPD-Mail as part of your professional development - podcasts, reports and articles all feature to build your industry knowledge; and
- Discounted IPM Annual Conference attendance and the opportunity to submit papers and articles.
Complete details of how to join the IPM and take advantage of this opportunity are available on these pages. To find out more about the focus of IPM, please visit the IPM website at www.placemanagement.org.
How do I become a member of the Institute of Place Management?
STEP 1: Assess your potential membership level
Please use the Interactive Membership Diagnostic above to assess your potential level of membership. The diagnostic will recommend a membership level based on your answers and provide you with the necessary information and application form options to complete your submission.
STEP 2: Complete your IPM Application
You can submit your application form in written or electronic (Microsoft Word) formats. Once you have chosen your submission method click the appropriate link to download the necessary form. Please ensure you follow the IPM Guidance Notes (downloadable below) provided to ensure you complete all necessary sections - the IPM will follow up any applications if more information is needed.
STEP 3: Submit your IPM Application
Send your application with supporting documentation online, via email (email@example.com), or post to:
The Institute of Place Management
STEP 4: Confirmation & Election
When the IPM receives your application you will receive an email confirmation of receipt. Your application will then enter into the IPM membership election process, which takes 4-6 weeks. When your application has been assessed and your election to membership (and membership level) has been confirmed by the IPM Board you will receive your membership election letter and; IPM Membership Certificate, IPM E-Academy username and password, and IPM Member Code of Conduct.
If you have any questions please contact the Institute on +44 (0)161 247 6041, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.